On Wednesday, December 4th, Barbara Hoey, Co-Chair of Kelley Drye’s Labor and Employment Practice and David Frulla, Chair of the firm’s Campaign Finance and Political Law Practice hosted a one hour webinar focused on best practices of handling all aspects of politics in the workplace. They reviewed federal and state rules regarding employees’ political activity and speech in the workplace, and compliance issues related to federal campaign finance laws when a company or its executives engage in political activity. Additional topics covered include:
- Political statements on social media,
- When talking politics can turn into discrimination and harassment,
- Corporate partisan and non-partisan political communications,
- Employee volunteer activity, and
- Do’s and don’ts for executive fundraising.
To view a recording of the webinar, click here.